Last updated July 23, 2021
At a glance
You may already know
When you download the Maslak app and enable your permissions, we use telematics data collected by your phone to measure your safety behind the wheel. This data allows us to offer rewards and incentives to better drivers.
What you need to know
We take protecting your data very seriously. This means we never sell your personally identifiable data (things like name, address, and driver’s license number). Sensitive information is stored in an encrypted environment and any sensitive information submitted to us or by us is sent securely using encryption.
If you want to know more
Naviatx built the Maslak app as a Free app. This SERVICE is provided by Naviatx at no cost and is intended for use as is.
This page is used to inform visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information if anyone decided to use our Service.
What information we collect
For a better experience, while using our Service, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to:
- Phone Number
- Home and Email Addresses
- Marital Status
- Car insurance policy number.
The app does use third party services that may collect information used to identify you.
- Google Play Services
- Google Analytics for Firebase
How we use and share your information
- Naviatx is the sole owner of the information collected from you on the App and Site.
- We collect information that you voluntarily give us via the sign-on process or other direct contact from you.
- We may also engage with third-party vendors to collect driving data from your vehicle, such as braking and acceleration. This data is securely stored in our environment in compliance with our retention policy.
- We may use, share, disseminate, or sell aggregated, anonymized data of consumers. This aggregated, anonymized data cannot be reasonably traceable to any individual.
- We will use your information to respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us.
- Unless you ask us not to, we may contact you via email, regular mail, and via push notification in the App with promotions to tell you about specials, new products or services.
- The App gathers and combines data from the mobile device for the purpose of analysis and risk evaluation.
- Data collected by the app from your mobile device may be disclosed to third parties as required by law or regulation.
- Data collected by the app from your mobile device may be deemed discoverable by third parties and used in an accident investigation, claims, and/or litigation.
- Naviatx may be legally required to provide the data to others and ⁄or their legal counsel, and you should not expect to retain data privacy or confidentiality
- At our discretion, telematics can be utilized in the maintenance of your policy, investigation of a claim, or for any other lawful purposes.
- We may provide certain information to insurance regulators to support rate or other insurance-related filings.
- We will share your information with business partners as required or permitted by law. For example, we may share your information to:
- Fulfill a transaction you requested or to service your insurance policy
- Market our products or in furtherance of our business relationship with a marketing partner
- Handle your claim
- Prevent fraud
- Comply with requests from regulatory and law enforcement authorities
- Participate in insurance support organizations
- Send you push notifications
- The persons or organizations with whom we may share your information may include, among others:
- Your insurance agent, insurance agency, broker or affiliated companies
- Companies that perform services, such as marketing, credit/debit card processing, and communication services on our behalf
- Business partners that assist us with tracking driving behavior, scoring and usage
- Other financial institutions with whom we have a joint marketing agreement
- Other insurance companies that play a role in an insurance transaction with you
- Independent claims adjusters
- A business or businesses that conduct actuarial or research studies
- Those who request information pursuant to a subpoena or court order
- Repair shops and claims vendors
We want to inform you that whenever you use our Service, in case of an error in the app we collect data and information (through third party products) on your phone called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your device Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device name, operating system version, the configuration of the app when utilizing our Service, the time and date of your use of the Service, and other statistics.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data that are commonly used as anonymous unique identifiers. These are sent to your browser from the websites that you visit and are stored on your device’s internal memory.
This Service does not use these “cookies” explicitly. However, the app may use third party code and libraries that use “cookies” to collect information and improve their services. You have the option to either accept or refuse these cookies and know when a cookie is being sent to your device. If you choose to refuse our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of this Service.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform users of this Service that these third parties have access to your Personal Information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to other sites
These Services do not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age. In the case we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we immediately delete this from our servers. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us so that we will be able to do necessary actions.
This policy is effective as of 2021-09-13